Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Hard-driver57

--
11 Feb 2001 10:19 PM
John,
Keith here, Your thoughts are in the right place. I am suggesting that SCCA appeal to Toyota or Kia or Hyundai or what ever company wishes to gain exclusive exposure of that race. It doesn't need to be about "Hot Shoes" or celeb exposure to succeed.It's been proven that with the proper promotion and campaign even Hillary Clinton can get elected to the Senate. If done properly in the same type of format that is presently in place, less the celebs. with retired pro's versus up coming pro's, it ads a unique twist unmatched in competitive motorsports, and that is it's greatest selling point.
I also agree whole-heartedly about the rental driver situation and having to have very rich parents, case in point, the young 17 year old that drove in the 24hrs. this year. It is that cycle of being the richest not necessarily the most talented (nothing expressed or implied) I would like to see changed, and like the XFL players there are a ton of drivers who'd pay there own way to the race ECT. just to have an opportunity to drive much less get paid. It is forums such as this that will effect change, not just resigning to the way it is. Thats what being a CLUB member is supposed to be about.

[This message has been edited by Hard-driver57 (edited February 11, 2001).]
John MacKechnie

--
12 Feb 2001 08:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hard-driver57:
[B]
Keith here

Hi Keith
, Your thoughts are in the right place. I am suggesting that SCCA appeal to Toyota or Kia or Hyundai or what ever company wishes to gain exclusive exposure of that race.

Only problem is that I suspect that Toyota has to buy TV to broadcast something like the Toyota celebrity series. The beauty of SVWC is that it exists, is highly promoted by SV and a manufacturer could sponsor a car with SCCA and get a lot of coverage for the cost of a car that got it's fenders bent on the transporter. I guess the car would be called the SCCA, John MacKechnie, Keith, Bob Jones.............Steve Johnson Toyota.

I also agree whole-heartedly about the rental driver situation and having to have very rich parents, case in point, the young 17 year old that drove in the 24hrs. this year. It is that cycle of being the richest not necessarily the most talented (nothing expressed or implied) I would like to see changed, and like the XFL players there are a ton of drivers who'd pay there own way to the race ECT. just to have an opportunity to drive much less get paid. It is forums such as this that will effect change, not just resigning to the way it is. Thats what being a CLUB member is supposed to be about.

Yup. I agree.

I think it's an cool concept with a million problems to work out, but it could be neat. Of course, any additional ideas are welcome. Feel free to email me.

John M
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner