Car insurance and registration?
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rob Lay

--
02 Mar 2001 10:00 AM
    Is any type of car insurance or gov registration needed for club racing only cars.

What happens if you hit another car and it's your fault?

Thanks,
    FASTNBLU

--
    02 Mar 2001 10:21 AM
    no but you might want to go over a tell the person your sorry.

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA
    shooter31

--
    02 Mar 2001 11:03 AM
    well......basically it's an assumption of risk situation. we all realize what can happen out there and accept that risk. i've yet to hear of a situation where legal liabilty has come into question. i'm not really sure if it's even possible as we all know what we're getting into.

as with the last post, yes.....go talk to the driver. if it's your fault, appologize. and even if it isn't, go and try to help them get their car back into racing condition if the damage warrants. we're a pretty civil bunch in scca. more is accomplished by talking and working together than getting legalities involved.
    Rob Lay

--
    02 Mar 2001 11:10 AM
    I just can't imagine someone doing a dumb move that costs you thousands of dollars. If it wasn't in their control or it's just plain good racing, then I don't see any problems.
    shooter31

--
    02 Mar 2001 12:27 PM
    you don't have to imagine the dumb moves....they'll become reality before you know it. lol
    FASTNBLU

--
    02 Mar 2001 01:16 PM
    s--t happens.

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA
    whenry

--
    09 Mar 2001 09:42 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by shooter31:
    [b]well......basically it's an assumption of risk situation. we all realize what can happen out there and accept that risk. i've yet to hear of a situation where legal liabilty has come into question. i'm not really sure if it's even possible as we all know what we're getting into.

as with the last post, yes.....go talk to the driver. if it's your fault, appologize. and even if it isn't, go and try to help them get their car back into racing condition if the damage warrants. we're a pretty civil bunch in scca. more is accomplished by talking and working together than getting legalities involved.[/b]

I protested my only time after the driver who had mugged me also cussed me when I went to ask him what the problem had been. Dumb move, he got a 3 race probation.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner