Exhaust
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mac-TEC

--
30 Dec 2000 03:59 PM
    I want to do something with my exhaust. Maybe stick with the stock back pipe and get a high flow muffler, just not a loud one. I don't want to spend too much like in the $100-$200 range and I don't really care what brand it is as long as it does the job. Any sugestions?

------------------
    95 Civic Ex Coupe auto
    SCCAForums Image
    H-Stock
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Dec 2000 06:20 PM
    DynoMax, RaceMagnum. Best bang for the buck, Unmatched in flow, straight through design, and not to loud!
    Dave
    Mac-TEC

--
    30 Dec 2000 09:53 PM
    Yeah...I have been looking at those for a while. Thanks for your imput.

Do you think i could do the install or will it require any welding?
    Crazyquik

--
    02 Jan 2001 07:34 PM
    Can exhuast mods change the class you are in?? I heard you just had to be under like 95 db or something. Cause I've got headers, no cats, a 3.5 inch catback, sprint car muffler....

------------------
    [b] Quik's Silver [/b]
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE A4
    [url="http://http:www.geocities.com/crazyquik/LightningQuik.html"]I Lost 246 lbs On This Plan!!![/URL]
    StageOne

--
    03 Jan 2001 04:25 PM
    The only exhaust mod you are allowed to make is an cat back system. Meaning you can chage any part of the exhaust after the Catalytic Converter to the tip.

Headers Move you to Street prepared class or street Touring

------------------
    KillBugsFast
    GS - '00 Type R
    88dp

--
    03 Jan 2001 04:54 PM
    As Stageone said, you can changea anything after the cat. From section 3.5 P57. Adequate mufflers are required. Now for the fun part. What's adequate? According to 3.5, any car that's deemed to loud, by the Event Chairman, has an inadequate muffler. We've had cars run with no mufflers and sound fine. We've also lost a site due to excessive noise. If your running in an industrial park or an airfield, wide open may not be a problem. Just be aware of the site location and how difficult it is to get sites if someone give you some grief for how loud you are.
    Crazyquik

--
    03 Jan 2001 06:33 PM
    Hmm, well if I get addicted to autocrossing (which everyone tells me I will) I might have to put the stock manifolds and Y pipe back on. Man, thats really gonna hurt my ETs too at the strip, and it wont be as fun on the street either SCCAForums Image

Ah, the challanges of trying to have a car that will do everything.
    Offside

--
    03 Jan 2001 08:06 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Crazyquik:
    [b]Hmm, well if I get addicted to autocrossing (which everyone tells me I will) I might have to put the stock manifolds and Y pipe back on. Man, thats really gonna hurt my ETs too at the strip, and it wont be as fun on the street either SCCAForums Image

Ah, the challanges of trying to have a car that will do everything.[/b]

No need for that. Just put the cat back in when you solo and run in ST.
    Crazyquik

--
    05 Jan 2001 04:47 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Offside:
    [b] No need for that. Just put the cat back in when you solo and run in ST.[/b]

I'll still have headers, and isn't there a 3.1 liter limit in ST? My 5.7 liters with headers would be in SP wouldn't it? That is a good idea though, just cut my off road Y pipe, and flange the ends where I did and put the cats back in, keep the sections I cut out and make them into test pipes with flanges to put back in when I'm drag racing, or daily driving or whatever.

Also, on the topic about getting a muffler, you could make one. Just get some metal screen or mesh, maybe a 2 ft long strip at the most (a Civic with the cat on shouldn't be too loud) and roll the mesh, then insert it into the exhaust pipe. Some of the old SoCal hot rods had "straight pipes" under the doors with mesh in them to knock the edge off the sound.

Or, you could get a cutout if you just want this for track use. Oh wait, I know people that use them on the street SCCAForums Image
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Mooresport Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner