2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PhrankenPhrog

--
29 Dec 2000 06:05 PM
    Hi all!

I'm in process of building my 1987 Renault GTA for F/SP this winter -- mostly 'cause I got whipped so badly in E/S at the 2000 Nationals! I felt that the GTA was holding its own in most areas but modern sticky tires just overwhelmed the suspension to where I was three-wheeling and two-wheeling around the corners! Can't go fast when the wheels are in the air! Stock rules won't let me fix the problem but SP will so here I go in SP for 2001.

I'm looking to have a lot of fun this year in F/SP. Anyone else planning for Nationals 2001 in F/SP?

BTW, my first GTA in E/S was known as the 'Phrog" because I got teased so badly by my friends about driving that strange French "frog" car and so I took the tease and proudly named the car "Phrog". With all the modifications and (hopefully)a much more agreesive behavior it seemed that a new name was in order -- PhrankenPhrog!

Enjoy,
    Greg Laws
    Wichita
    ColinL

--
    02 Jan 2001 08:50 PM
    You forgot to tell everyone about the phrog superglued to the hood! I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but unfortunately not.

Do you have a permanent fix for the recurring throttle problem? JB Weld? Block of wood under the pedal? SCCAForums Image In all seriousness though, no throttle would certainly be a much bigger problem than 2 wheeling.

Oh well, you shouldn't get creamed in FSP any worse than I get creamed in SM. SCCAForums Image
    PhrankenPhrog

--
    03 Jan 2001 05:25 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ColinL:
    [b]You forgot to tell everyone about the phrog superglued to the hood! I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but unfortunately not.

Do you have a permanent fix for the recurring throttle problem? JB Weld? Block of wood under the pedal? SCCAForums Image In all seriousness though, no throttle would certainly be a much bigger problem than 2 wheeling.

Oh well, you shouldn't get creamed in FSP any worse than I get creamed in SM. SCCAForums Image[/b]

The throttle cable problem proved to be the result of too much power yanking the cable apart by BRUTE FORCE! < hehehe ;-) > Or was it that there was no stop on the throttle pedal? I forget. Anyway, a chuck of plywood scrap under the carpet to stop the pedal seems to have solved the cable failures. Of course that still leaves me with the problem of excessive horsepower...

What is not commonly known about the frog on the hood is that this is a very special frog: a seeing-eye frog. Like the eyes painted on a Chinese junk, this strange and magical animal looks ahead and reads the course for me so that I don't get lost!

Enjoy,
    PhrankenPhrog
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner