3rd Gen F-bodies in ESP???
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BumpaD_Z28

--
30 Dec 2000 08:00 AM
    HI anyone out there running a 3rd Gen (82-92)
    Camaro in ESP class, That is where I plan on running next year (2001) and ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I'm in Utah every performance part is mail order so I have to chose wisely. I know these cars are very capable of impressive times, even in F-stock so with some mods and LOTS of seat time I'd like to go quick, ANY Comments appreciated Thanks!

------------------
    1967 RS Camaro w/ 454
    restoration in progress
    1982 Z28 TONS of mods
    red90sixspeed

--
    30 Dec 2000 09:14 PM
    Have you checked out the camaro z28 forum yet? [url="http://www.camaroz28.com"]www.camaroz28.com[/URL]
    There is a section there dedicated to 3rd gens and another section for autocross. Lots of good info there.

------------------
    1990 6speed Corvette
    Now moving to BSP from SS.
    "Walk softly but bring big torque"
    01 FS Z28
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Jan 2001 09:03 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BumpaD_Z28:
    [b]HI anyone out there running a 3rd Gen (82-92)
    Camaro in ESP class, That is where I plan on running next year (2001) and ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I'm in Utah every performance part is mail order so I have to chose wisely. I know these cars are very capable of impressive times, even in F-stock so with some mods and LOTS of seat time I'd like to go quick, ANY Comments appreciated Thanks!

[/b]

You may or may not know me. My name is Sam Strano. I ran my formerly FS '91 in ESP in '99 with very good success. I still have this car, but I just purchased a 2001 Z28 for FS again.

Anyway, I can help you kill two birds with one stone. I haven't been out of the top 7 at Nationals in ANY class since 1997. All of those years but one have been in my '91. I finished 3rd in ESP in '99 (won 3 of 5 Pro's in P3, and 3 or 4 Nat'l Tours). I am also an instructor for the Evolution autocross school, and I also sell parts mail-order (and the prices are very competitive). :-)
    I can supply all the parts save one (the diff.)

This is what was done: Car is a '91 with 105k on it.

-17x11's with 315 Kumho's.
    -Heim jointed panhard bar
    -Auburn Off-road posi.
    -Edelbrock headers
    -Crane ignition and coil
    -3.73's (can was a auto, converting to 5-speed right now) Found that they hurt me at times. Great for Pro Solo, not so good for Topeka. :-(
    -4th gen. seat (stock ones suck)
    -relocated battery
    -no cats (weight only, no power gain)
    -Shocktek converted Bilstein's (WAY better than the Koni's)
    -stock GM suspension otherwise. (the car is very, VERY good).
    -Engine never touched. Dynoed a whopping 225 rwhp. I ask you, how well does this car handle???? SCCAForums Image

Dean Sapp and John Thomas (among others) have both driven it and LOVED it. Car is super-easy to drive too.

What I will be doing before racing again.

-Torsen T2R diff. (awesome, driven it a few times in other F-bodies, way better than the Auburn).
    -T-5 trans. 100 pounds lighter, and I have more control. Auto is great for ProSolo though.
    -Corbeau race seats.
    -roll bar for chassis strength (and I want to hill-climb it).
    -early 83 Z28 hood (composite)

I can supply you with alignment specs, parts, opinions, mistakes to not duplicate, you name it, I can help you with this car.

------------------
    Sam Strano Jr.
    Strano Performance Parts
    tech line: 814-849-3417
    order line: 800-729-1831
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner