Anyone out there?
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lowflyer

--
11 Apr 2001 06:02 PM
    It's hard for me to believe that with 1200+ members of this site, we don't have any more than a couple of people running Mod classes in Solo events. I've got an old Formula Ford, running in CM and I'm having the time of my life. I've been away from Solo for almost 30 years and it's more fun now than then. So let's hear from ya'!
    Patrick Washburn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Apr 2001 07:08 PM
    I've noticed a distinct lack of traffic here also. I am looking for a Cm car right now, so I will be joining ranks soon.

There is a CM list on team.net that gets quite good traffic.

------------------
    Patrick Washburn
    Ctech Trailer Cabinets
    Designed for the Racer
    www.racecabinets.com
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Apr 2001 08:38 PM
    Hi Pat! Well let them know about us... and to get over here! SCCAForums Image

------------------
    Weapon: White 2001 Z-06
    Class: SS
    Car No#: 39
    topless98Z24

--
    16 Apr 2001 05:58 AM
    As of the next regional event (sunday), I will be running in sm2, co-driving a turbo miata. That car is sooooo much fun to drive.
    dave shreve

--
    17 Apr 2001 06:09 PM
    I think part of the reason the modified forum is quiet is because public forums tend to attract more of the casually interested than those with highly technical knowledge, and with a mod car, it seems like everything requires specialized info.

I've got a shifter kart that I'll be running in F125 this year. Like CM, we have a mailing list(see [url="http://www.f125.com),"]www.f125.com),[/URL] and while we all know this is here(we've discussed it), the kart stuff seems to stay there because that's where the brain trust is.

Don't get me wrong about the forum, though--it's a great thing, and it will do a lot for the SCCA because of the visibility it provides and the open, public discussion, of which there hasn't been much in the past.

-dave

2000 CTS Rockit/Honda CR125
    Faster than I really need to go...
    Garth

--
    19 Apr 2001 04:30 PM
    Well I would like to use my Vee for soloII, but what do you do if the event has noise level restrictions and says all cars must have mufflers?
    lowflyer

--
    19 Apr 2001 08:58 PM
    Running a muffler is no big deal. I've got a Super Trapp motorcycle muffler on my Formula Ford and can tune the noise level by adding or subtracting the discs. If you are running any kind of a 4 into 1 system something like this should work. Actually there was a FF running at our last event with an open pipe and no one said anything about it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner