Search this forum:
Search
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 16412345 > >>
Topics
 Replies
 Views
 Last Post
3 Replies and 487 Views Dual Clutch transmissions (VW, etc) - reflash legality  487  3 Started by  gtitronic I'm considering a (dual clutch automated manual) DSG transmission equipped car like the VW GTI. Mitsubishi also has their SST dual-clutch on the 08 Ralliart and EVO X, and I'm sure there are others out there. Based on a quick read of the Street Touring rule book, it looks like there is no provision to modify or reflash the factory transmission control unit (TCU) in any way. I'd assume my interpretation is correct, but let me know if you disagree. The closest things I see are: 14.10 B. Origi...
3 487
by  drdisqueJump to last post
25 Oct 2016 10:53 PM
0 Replies and 486 Views STX- Lower Tie bars  486  0 Started by  TeamElvira Hello first time poster here, Hi everybody!  So I'm now running my 2014 Civic SI coupe in STX class and was wondering if I could run lower tie bars Like these... http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...index.html Wasn't sure if they would be legal or not. I tried using the search function and it doesn't seem to be working. 
0 486
18 Aug 2016 01:17 PM
6 Replies and 1369 Views STU addition - Solstice GXP?  1369  6 Started by  Fault Bucket I haven't paid too much attention, but has there been any discussion of perhaps making the Solstice GXP eligible for STU Some other AS/ASP brethren have been added lately, and with a tire width limit of 285 I don't see it as an overdog. If I don't hear any negative feedback on the idea I'll post up a letter. Thanks! Chris
6 1369
02 Aug 2016 05:36 PM
0 Replies and 368 Views SSM @ wilmington summer pro  368  0 Started by  fsparv As much as I really really hoped to get my car out to Wilmington, it seems unlikely to happen. I had several potential transport options that seemed moderately likely, and a couple of long shot ideas, none of which panned/priced out. :( Early on SSM seemed to have had 8 folks, and now it's down to 7. Soon it will be 6 and no 2nd place tire, unless someone presently registered want's to lend a seat. I'll be happy to donate to tire/consumable costs of course... Mail me at: gus.heck &...
0 368
15 Jul 2016 12:48 PM
2 Replies and 669 Views Picking Knits : Only OE sensors may be used for engine management.  669  2 Started by  Mumbles the Madman In the Street Touring rules, in the Engine and Drivetrain section it says : 'Only OE sensors may be used for engine management.' Does this forbid sensors that are used for logging if intend to make manual engine management adjustments based on them in between runs The Street rules(inherited by ST) say : 'Data acquisition systems (including video cameras) and the accompanying sensors are allowed but may serve no other purpose during a run than real-time display and data recording.'...
2 669
by  Mumbles the MadmanJump to last post
11 Jul 2016 08:45 AM
2 Replies and 792 Views Car Classification  792  2 Started by  John Greetings-- I apologize for this type of topic. I'm sure all of you guys who've been around forever get tired of these questions, however, I looked and looked and can't find this information online. To start with, it's an academic question because I don't expect my car to be competitive and I'm incredibly out of practice at autocross. Even when I did autocross with semi regularity, it was in a FWD car (1986 VW GTI), and I needed far more behind the wheel time even then before I would hav...
2 792
by  JohnJump to last post
20 Jun 2016 04:39 PM
16 Replies and 7508 Views Honda insight SMF clarification  7508  16 Started by  Paul Hello all, Couple of us at the local club where wondering if swapping the drivetrain on a early G1 insight, leaving the interior but removing the batteries would keep the insight in SMF The removal of the hybrid system was what was in really in contention. Car would still weigh roughly the same with more foward bias. Anyone have any thoughts on this. Im tempted to build a g1 for smf to compete locally. Thanks Paul
16 7508
by  jwharnishJump to last post
10 Jun 2016 10:50 AM
1 Replies and 704 Views ST brake cooling clarification  704  1 Started by  SIrving After my 1st track day with the new set-up and STP prep learned I need some brake cooling in my '14 Mustang gt. Now what is legal in Street touring I'm looking to make something like this ( pic attached). Using the lower grill as the place to mount the ducts. Now is this legal since you are cutting some of the dead space in the front lower grille. They space is not currently used just plastic but the center of the grille is used for the lower radiator. In autocross I have no issues with brake ...
1 704
01 May 2016 10:38 PM
1 Replies and 450 Views Need SM rule clarification for leaf spring pick ups  450  1 Started by  Greg Sharpe So the rule is very clear, suspension pick up points/mounting points cannot be MOVED in SM. However, I have seen numerous examples of pickups running an aftermarket or custom panhard bar to help locate the axle. That obviously isn't a standard suspension mounting position, but it is presumably allowed because it isn't actually THE suspension, it's just a locator of sorts. My big question is can the leaf springs be removed and replaced on a SM pickup as long as the original mounting positions ...
1 450
01 May 2016 10:35 PM
5 Replies and 917 Views Dodge Dart in STX?  917  5 Started by  jj2218 I'm wondering if I missed something regarding the Dart. The 1.4T and 2.4 NA are in STX. I doubt either one would be competitive even in STF. Is there a reason they are in STX Do they have some hidden potential
5 917
20 Apr 2016 01:21 PM
1 Replies and 593 Views Miata fuel problem?  593  1 Started by  Miatacrosser I recently ran out of fuel while traveling to an event in my 1991 STS Miata. When I refueled the car wouldn't fire on all cylinders. After letting it sit overnight. It seemed to run fine and I competed in the event. The problem however kept coming and going during the event and a couple of times on the way home. I changed plugs and took it for a very hard drive today and it ran great. That is until I got back into town and started cruising at the speed limit. It dropped the cylinder again...
1 593
by  racingfoolJump to last post
18 Apr 2016 11:20 AM
6 Replies and 1161 Views R32 GTR in SM?  1161  6 Started by  GTR Monte Hey guys. AutoX season is upon us, and I'm trying to find a class to build my 1990 R32 GTR in. Because it's a JDM car, not designed for the states, I'm pretty sure we fall under A-Modified. Which sucks, because it's my street car. It's completely stock, except for Coilovers, and a new ECU and tune, which dials the boost up. Other than that, 4 seats, with 4 belts, and full OEM interior. The locals let me run SM this last weekend, and the car was very competitive with some SM W...
6 1161
by  KirkJump to last post
12 Apr 2016 02:04 PM
2 Replies and 768 Views Newbie mod question  768  2 Started by  Lucs Hi, I plan to participate to Solo in STR this year and this is only one remaining question. ST rules specify oil cooler can be added or substituted, but nowhere I find if I can modify an existing bracket or make new bracket to hold it (I only find provision to make mounting holes) Also on one side of my car, the duct comming from the bumper is closed off ... can I cut the closed end so the air comming through the bumper can continue on through the oil cooler Thanks! Luc
2 768
by  LucsJump to last post
04 Apr 2016 10:48 PM
6 Replies and 3365 Views Aftermarket Vortex Generators  3365  6 Started by  the3lracer The rulebook doesn't make any mention of them, so I bring the question here...are aftermarket vortex generators ST legal
6 3365
by  JustinPSIJump to last post
11 Mar 2016 01:00 PM
1 Replies and 1269 Views Bridgestone RE71R tire pressures  1269  1 Started by  Miatacrosser Anyone know a good starting point for tire pressures for a 205/50-15 Bridgestone RE71R on a '91 STS Miata It's roughly 2,000lbs or about 2200 w/driver. Thanks
1 1269
by  sgreer78Jump to last post
03 Mar 2016 11:02 AM
0 Replies and 545 Views What is 2016 new year gift for your car  545  0 Started by  Fradallse It is new year 2016, what gifts are you ready to prepare for your car Maxspeedingrods selects racing parts for your car carefully in 2016. Up to 50 OFF engine parts are waiting for you. You can consider it. http://www.maxspeedingrods.com/
0 545
26 Jan 2016 10:55 PM
2 Replies and 1745 Views MR2 Supercharged STR  1745  2 Started by  Pete Hello. My son and I just started solo competition last year and we love it. We had a fantastic season running our 88 MR2 SC in ES and took first and second novice spots at our local club. I'd like to move up to Street Touring next year but I don't see how we can be competitive in STR against S2000's, 911's and 370z's. I'm sure people complain about classing all the time but I think there's a strong case to be made that our car should follow the other MR2's into STS. Is there a formal ...
2 1745
03 Jan 2016 11:21 PM
63 Replies and 17468 Views Proposal combining STS and STC  17468  63 Started by  drdisque
(Topic has multiple pages1 2 3 4 )
In this months fasttrack I saw something I didn't quite expect to see: 12465 STS & STC Combining Proposal The STAC has provided the following proposal for member review and feedback: Effective 2015, all cars currently classed in STC will be re-classed to STS. I personally have no dog in this fight as I don't run STC or STS and don't plan to any time in the near future. However here are my feelings. On the surface this makes sense, the CRX Si which is pretty dominant in STS and the '89-...
63 17468
by  Z3papaJump to last post
10 Dec 2015 09:16 PM
11 Replies and 2199 Views Need help figuring out tire choice Size Vs. Perf.?  2199  11 Started by  Lethal_427 Hello, I am currently in a fully prepped ESP 4th Gen Camaro and possibly looking at playing around in CAM class this year at least locally. What I am currently debating is which tire to go with. I know when it comes to running Hoosiers bigger is usually always better, but now the tires that I am looking at both do not come in the 315/30/18 size, I now have a tough decision to make. I am looking a the Potenza RE71R in a 275/35/18 on a 10.5' wheel on front and back and also looking at th...
11 2199
by  Lethal_427Jump to last post
05 Dec 2015 01:23 PM
2 Replies and 1659 Views MAF conversion  1659  2 Started by  Chris I think I already know what the answer will be, but is it legal to upgrade from a speed density system to mass air in ST I don't think the application matters, but for arguments sake, I'm looking at taking an 88 mustang in STP to local events, but it would be nice to upgrade to Mass Air like the later Fox body models to be able to better take advantage of the tuning that is allowed in ST.
2 1659
by  ChrisJump to last post
20 Nov 2015 06:56 AM
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 16412345 > >>

RSS Feed Available
PetrolaData_88x31 Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Canvasworks Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button saferacer
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button Race-Technology

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner